[Re: My own 2 stupid questions (tires and trannies)]

  Wait, but aren't the tires themselves built expecting modern
suspension technology?

  In fact, for street driving, I think the door jamb is a pretty good
indicator. For the past 6 years, I used the same winter tires (in the
summer) using door jamb recommendations, and they have fared pretty
well.

  Why Winter tires in eth summer? I had just bought them the winter
before I got the Jetta, then decided to retire (no pun intended) the
Scirocco every winter. No point in throwing good tires away. Besides,
the grip in the heat is terrific. Almost like driving a MaxiMog ( Well,
maybe I jest a little. See <http://www.maximog.com> )

	Jean-Claude
	84 8v (counting down to May 1)