From: Gary Huff [mailto:scirocco86@home.com]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 12:53 PM
To: Josh Hignight
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: suspension

I will speak from experience here when I say, LOOK INTO THE COOLING PROBLEM
COMPLETELY FIRST!@# :) Please? I let it slip for a while on my 16v car, and
it turned into a pinhole in exhaust port of cylinder #4 which dumped coolant
into the combustion chamber -- fucking weak. So do yourself a favor, and
make sure you're 16v motor is all top notch and so forth first, because IIRC
you just did the conversion. Low temp thermostat and fan switch, plus make
sure your radiator flows right. I had mine powerflushed & tested by a local
guy, and everything was about peachy after all that. A long time ago, that
mistake forced me to drive a 3spd automatic geo metro 1.0l 3 cylinder for
many months -- a fate I wouldn't want to force on anyone except oh lets say
Osama bin laden.
        -ghuff