Re: Clutch Questions-falure?

In a message dated 9/28/01 6:35:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
sixteen.volt@verizon.net writes:

<< There must be some bad clutch-karma going around! >>
You hit the nail right on the head with that one man!!!
My clutch just went out a few days ago.  I was on my way home from school,
not really driving it hard, but I wasn't granny drivin it either.  But I went
ot shift gears and the clutch just went to the floor.  I checked the cable
and it was good and stong.  I was hoping and praying that it was something
minner like a broken release bearing or the cable broke.  But my luck with
cars, of course its gota be something major.  I gave a tug on the lever
that's on the tranny that engages the clutch, and it pulled up like 3 inches
with no resistance at all.  I would move it up and down, and I could just
tell something in there with the pressure plate or the rods or springs where
totaly screwed up.   So don't feel onlone Neal, casue I'm doing my very first
clutch fix too.   Luckly I got Jay's talented VW ass to help me hehe.

Premo
85 rocco
DSTracing.4t.com