Re: Door latches

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:18:06 -0400 "Jon Palm" <scirokn@hotmail.com>
writes:
>The push down lever on my door latch has split and no longer pushes
>down
>enough to unlatch the door. I can get a latch from several VW's at my
>local
>boneyard, but need to know if the key mechanism can be removed from
>the
>latch. All insights greatly appreciated.
>Jon Palm
>85 8v
Its really easy to do, as several other people have described.  However, I would suggest that you not bother with a used one, since it will soon have the same problem as the one you have now!  Potterman has the new ones for about what my local junk yard wants for a used one.
(I'm actually thinking of Jetta door handles, but I assume the Scirocco ones are the same)

Bill