Re: Door latches

IME, new ones aren't the greatest quality: I fitted one to my wife's car a
year or so ago and it lasted less than a year - the casting was pretty poor
quality. I ended-up putting one on which came from an '82 I had recently
broke and it was & still is perfect.  I guess, in future, I'd only take one
that I could test on the donor door first and if it was stiff then I'd leave
it, on the assumption that it will have already been overstressed.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8