[tech] Attn: MK1 16v owners

Well, it is decision time for an engine for my '80...instead of going
through all the different setups that I've considered and discuss the
benefits to each, I'll just talk through what I have and hopefully the
experience out there can tell me what I might be forgetting...
BTW, I am building this car for fun, not competition...
 I will have a complete 1.8 16v from a rocco...the motor was running well
before removed and will come with all wiring, fuel lines, and the exhast
manifold and downpipe.  I have a TT 2.25" cat-back for a 16v rocco that
I was also hoping to use (will this be a problem since the mk1 has the
full-size spare?)  As for the tranny, I was thinking of keeping the FF
that is in the mk1 for now...which would allow me to keep the existing
axles, cv's, ect.  Has anyone ever tried mating an FF (long ratio) box
to a 16v?  Could be interesting.
 So, as for the swap...I will be removing the 1.6 and need to know
what wires will be needed to mate to the CIS-E harness.
Can anyone shed light on some specifics to this swap?  Or other details
I might find helpfull?

TIA!!

=====
Benjamin Harder