Re: [tech] Attn: MK1 16v owners

--- Benjamin Harder <vwtype53@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, it is decision time for an engine for my
> '80...instead of going
> through all the different setups that I've
> considered and discuss the
> benefits to each, I'll just talk through what I have
> and hopefully the
> experience out there can tell me what I might be
> forgetting...
> BTW, I am building this car for fun, not
> competition...
>  I will have a complete 1.8 16v from a rocco...the
> motor was running well
> before removed and will come with all wiring, fuel
> lines, and the exhast
> manifold and downpipe.  I have a TT 2.25" cat-back
> for a 16v rocco that
> I was also hoping to use (will this be a problem
> since the mk1 has the
> full-size spare?)  As for the tranny, I was thinking
> of keeping the FF
> that is in the mk1 for now...which would allow me to
> keep the existing
> axles, cv's, ect.  Has anyone ever tried mating an
> FF (long ratio) box
> to a 16v?  Could be interesting.
>  So, as for the swap...I will be removing the 1.6
> and need to know
> what wires will be needed to mate to the CIS-E
> harness.
> Can anyone shed light on some specifics to this
> swap?  Or other details
> I might find helpfull?

I don't own a MK1 with a 16V, but I have a comment on
the FF. It's a good tranny with a powerful motor but .
. .

The FF does not have the factory limited slip - you'll
be spinning one wheel an awful lot . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)