RE: programmable engine management

Hi!

I went to drag racing with my super-hyper setup and
what I found out was, that it doesn't work. :(

My best ET was 16.21 with RT included so I was safely
last one on my class! :)

Others were 2 16v GolfII's, Opel Kadett GSI 2.016v,
Honde Civic Vtec 1.6 and one Lotus 7 copy.

I tried there at least 10 different setup's but none
of them really mad a difference. Big drawback was
my clutch that gave up a day before race so I had
a very good traction control system. Didn't spun a
wheel not a once. Other commented that you have
a very good launching techique. I even beat one
500HP Camaro for the first 20 meters! :)
But don't think that it's a good thing if you have
this kind of traction control as it will control your
traction on second gear and third and then troughout
4th gear. :)

Now i have to start tuning the programmable thingie.
but as I tried different things none of them really
worked. Tried advancing and retarding cams. More
or less fuel and more and less tire pressure. But
lowering the tire pressure gave me 0.5 sec worse
times so this was not a good thing to do.

My quess now is that maybe it was the ignition timing
that messed up things. I was running Shell Racing 99+
octane gas and my ignition is tuned to go from 10 deg
initial to 32 deg starting from 3750 rpm. I should try
to advance it even more and then retard it a bit.
I've got two options my friend Formula driver suggested
to go up as he is running 40 deg advanced and said that
my case would be around 34-36 deg advanced another
friend driving a rally car said that 29 deg gave best
results in his case. (They are both using the same base
1.6 liter VAZ (Lada) engine.

Any suggestions?

Lauri!
'84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added something new to my site!