RE: programmable engine management

> > We do not even need a MAP sensor for TB conversion.
>
> I don't know about that for my purposes. The TEC-II system uses it as the
> primary part of it's mapping function. Without it... I have no idea how the
> system could even work.

Well, when using SDS you can choose wether you like to
use MAP or TB sensing. And they strongly suggested to
use TB sensing with such an radical conversion. What's
the point of running separate throttlebodies and then
connect them all together afterwards. But when using MAP
you have no other choises left.

> > TB sensor is usually used for acceleration enrichment, but when doing a TB
> > conversion it has to be used for both.
>
> Why must it be used for both? Again, I don't see how you can get away from
> using the MAP when using the TEC-II.

If you do not have the TB sensing option then you simply
don't get away without it. Although I'm also not an expert
in this field. I've only put together my engine with TB's,
SDS and TB sensing and it idles like a watch from cold
engine to warm up teperature. It also revs like a bike.
I really love that option that you can piss off bikers
by reving your enine just as fast as they can, but once
you've pissed them there's no way catcing them. :)

> > As you said that there's no place to connect a MAP sensor
> > and even if you run a separate vacuum wire from each runner then you get a
> > MAP pressure that is so jumpy that you can't map nothing with it so TB
> sensing
> > is the only way to do it right. At least my system is set up like that and
> it
> > works.
>
> Well, what you do is run separate vacuum lines to a common canister and then
> attach the MAP sensor to that (along with your power brakes). This
> combination dampens the pulses that cause that jumpiness.

As I said that's one way to do it.

> I guess that your SDS system and the TEC that I plan to run are just
> fundamentally different in this way. Hmmm...

Nope, they're not. I only got to choose between the options.
I still have the possibility to go over to the MAP sensing
if you put up your system and say that it's better.

Lauri!
'84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added something new to my site!