RE: programmable engine management

> Hmm... Scott is probably stuck in nineties. :)

Eighties? Ninties? Hey, well at least I am making progress!

> We do not even need a MAP sensor for TB conversion.

I don't know about that for my purposes. The TEC-II system uses it as the
primary part of it's mapping function. Without it... I have no idea how the
system could even work.

> TB sensor is usually used for acceleration enrichment, but when doing a TB
> conversion it has to be used for both.

Why must it be used for both? Again, I don't see how you can get away from
using the MAP when using the TEC-II.

> As you said that there's no place to connect a MAP sensor
> and even if you run a separate vacuum wire from each runner then you get a
> MAP pressure that is so jumpy that you can't map nothing with it so TB
sensing
> is the only way to do it right. At least my system is set up like that and
it
> works.

Well, what you do is run separate vacuum lines to a common canister and then
attach the MAP sensor to that (along with your power brakes). This
combination dampens the pulses that cause that jumpiness.

I guess that your SDS system and the TEC that I plan to run are just
fundamentally different in this way. Hmmm...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut

Check out our rally team's website!