Re: programmable engine management

> > > So where does the airflow meter
> > > go????   Where am I stupid here?  What is my wrong assumption???
> >
> > Yo, Cheapass! Your amusing incorrect assumption is that the state of the
> > fuel injection art is still stuck in an eighties timewarp! :^) We
> > don't need
> > no steenking airflow meters anymore! Consider that the load on the
engine
> > must be measured somehow. There are two ways of doing this: either
measure
> > the amount of the air flowing in (our scenario), or measure the manifold
> > pressure plus other related functions.
>
> I don't think Ron's stuck in the 80's, though he /is/ an old chap! I was
> wondering the same thing too. And I'm not looking for a floating
mechanical
> plate, either!
>
> I think we were both just wondering if there was a place to mount a MAP or
> MAF sensor. On any car I've known, the MAP or MAF is mounted to the intake
> before the individual cylinder runners split, but on a separate TB system,
> there is no such place. I suppose it could be only mounted on one TB with
> calculations to account for four cylinders, but at a glance, it doesn't
even
> look like there's room for any such sensor below the air horns. Where does
> it go?

Hmm... Scott is probably stuck in nineties. :) We do not even need a MAP
sensor
for TB conversion. The engine load is only measured by TB sensor. TB sensor
is
usually used for acceleration enrichment, but when doing a TB conversion it
has
to be used for both. As you said that there's no place to connect a MAP
sensor
and even if you run a separate vacuum wire from each runner then you get a
MAP
pressure that is so jumpy that you can't map nothing with it so TB sensing
is the
only way to do it right. At least my system is set up like that and it
works.

Lauri!
'84 2.0 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.eabc.edu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added something new to my site!