Re: Fukkenstoppin :)

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:21:21 -0500 Gary Huff <scirocco86@home.com>
writes:
> Wow. That's all I can say. I smashed my left hand, and spent 8-12am
> last night doing the brakes on my 2000 Golf 1.8T, but this thing
> stops like nothing else. Cross drilled Zimmerman rotors, and Mintex
> C-tech pads. Haven't been able to really tear into it yet, but once
> I pass 500 miles the fun will begin. Still waiting on my stainless
> lines to come in though.... I think it will feel even nicer once
> those are filled with super blue, and the brakes are bled. Little
> bit of a mushy pedal now, I don't think the dealer bled them right
> last time, plus there is shit in the master cylinder. It seems like
> the evil dealer did not flush them right, and managed to get debris
> in the resevoir! I don't like this, and would like to clean it
> somehow before I pump fresh fluid through to avoid pumping debris
> with it. Should I just drain the resevoir with a turkey baster, and
> "pop" it out of the M/C? Will I have to put new seals in the M/C for
> the resevoir? The car has about 33k on it..... Just need to bounce
> some ideas of you guys. Thanks,
> 	-ghuff

I wouldn't pull the reservoir, unless you are installing a new one.

Drain the reservoir, and if there is still dirt in it, fill it and drain
it again, repeat as necessary.

HTH,
Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Discount Techtonics, Autotech-Quaife
USA, Ronal, Motorworks, Magnecor & Peloquin Dealer -  Bear, DE 19701

'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
http://www.neojedi.com/feedbyte/topTen.php