16v Carbs?

Hey kids.

So I was at a show today down at Woodstock NY, aptly named the "Reunion at
Woodstock", and I happened to notice some guys wandering around with
Helderberg VW shirts on.
Now that got me interested, mainly because my area of the world is called
the Helderbergs, so I stagger over suffering from sunstroke damn near and
ask what the devil is going on with their shirts.
I was stunned to learn that 1) they are a small shop the builds watercooled
VWs for racing,, and 2) they are 8 miles from my house!!! w00t!

One of them mentioned that I could change my 16v over to duel Webbers (oddly
enough they have a set for sale...what luck!?) and if I were to do that, my
performance would drastically increase.

So, does anybody have any views on this topic?

Yes, I do know that carbs need near constant tinkering, and im also aware
that gas mileage would suffer.

Josh Able
87 16v Seidl