Re: 16v Carbs?

>Yes, I do know that carbs need near constant tinkering, and im also aware
>that gas mileage would suffer.

Uh, no and no to those comments.  It may take a bit to get the carbs
properly jetted, but once done, Webers are pretty maintenance free.  Your
gas mileage should be OK if you do a good job with the jets, too.  The only
thing that gets to be  PITA is the cold weather start stuff.  Most Webers
come with an electric choke (damn heater) and they don't work real
well.  If you can get them with a manual choke (cable), you'd be better
off.  I'd be very interested in the cost.

John
87 16v