@#$! load reduction relay

So I'm armpit deep in wiring, with a bentley across my lap and I'm trying to
figure out why I'm not getting Dashboard lights, and I start looking at the
relay panel.  Hmmm, K is supposed to be the load reduction relay.  Hmmm, K
is empty, but the joker that worked on this car before has a jumper wire in
there.  So I looked at the wiring diagram, pulled the jumper out, looked at
the diagram again, misread the little tiny lines and managed to jumper +12V
directly to ground.  Holy crap, that makes a LOT of smoke when you turn the
key.  I managed to save all the wiring, but plastic insulation around the
spade connectors on the H block are, um, crispy.
And it turn out that I'm just missing a +12V on the headlight switch
connector, apparently there supposed to be two.

URRGH, this is the least fun thing that I have done in a long time.

Marc
81 'rocco S