Re: 8v timing.... cabriolet

Thanks Rick....
I'm guessing I did set it up on the exhaust stroke
like you're saying.  I thought everything was right.
It still doesn't make sense how it was running before
though.  I used the timing light to check the ignition
timing and then, just for grins, checked the cam
timing with the light and it was nowhere near the
head's surface.  I'll mess with it again tonight.
These things (89 cabby) aren't interference engines..
right? heheh

=====
Dan May - Greensboro NC
1987 16V Scirocco
1979 Scirocco -D.I.Y. Paintjob Complete!
1997 Tacoma 4x4 V6 Xtracab VWHAULER
1972 Harley Davidson Rapido
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Hannibal Smith