Cruise control ..on a 16v?

Hey List,

After several long, uncomfortable trips across the state where my
right foot has taken numbness to a new level I've decided to take a look
at my options for installing cruise control..

I've never seen a Scirocco with cruise in person so I don't have any idea
what the mechanism looks like.. my imagination conjures up a huge ugly
vacuum servo that bolts on to the throttle body.. but anyway..

I want to know if the 16v was ever offered with cruise control - I've
never heard of anyone having one but that doesn't make it impossible..

I also wanna know if I can simply take the cruise off an 8v and bolt it on
to my car. How solid is the vw system? Would I be just as well getting a
crap JC Whitney kit?

Any comments?

-Toby

--