Complete new susp.

Hi

I've just bought a complete H&R lowering spring set attached on Boge dampers for app. $ 100 . Of Course they were used but not for very long according to the seller. Tomorrow I'm going to buy new front wishbones (Can I use Rabbit (Golf mk.1) wichbones on my rocco? - do they have the same measurements? ) and new bushes to fit. The seller will also fix me up with a company who can supply a new front wing for my car. It's amazing : Many companies can supply new glassfiber bodyparts for 1000 of classic cars...but apparently my Roc (though 25 years old) is not considered a classic or a car worth making any new parts for (Apart from the mechanical). That's sad. And very frustrating when you need 2 new wings!!
But, I'm looking forward to driving on the small twisty roads with my "new" susp.
Another thing: I've also bought a gear linkage kit, and all the rings made out of foam which is supposed to be pressed on some ball type linkage are NOT able to fit. Actually, I have broken all the rings. They break easely because they are made of foam...and besides, that ball is WAY to big to get through the hole in the ring. Now...can I do without these (Using the old ones) or are they essential to the firm feeling of the change.

Well, guess I just needed to brag about my new purchase.

Thanks!

Morten T Nielsen
76' Scirocco TS 1.6
Denmark (Europe)