Re: Wheel well lining!

--- Accidi2000@aol.com wrote:
> List,
>
>     Im wondering if it would be ok to take this
> out(wheel well lining). The
> reason is because, im running 195, 50, 15s and im
> getting light rub on like
> railroad crossings and hard cornering, should i just
> file it down, or does it
> matter if this thing is in there, im pretty sure it
> wouldnt be there unless
> it was doing something, so im just looking for some
> advise, thank you.

The plastic is to protect the inside of the fender
from gravel throw (a common cause for rust in MK1
Sciroccos, which did not come with the wheel well
protectors).

What suspension set up to you have
(wheels/springs/shocks)???

I run 195/50-15 on 7" wide rims with 37mm offset on
H&R springs - I have absolutely no clearance problems.

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)