Wheel Well Liners

Too bad VW did not start using wheel; well liners
until the Scirocco 2.

I've been spending the weekend treating surface rust
on the inner fender and some rust through too) on the
'78. Lot's of crap accumulated between the fender and
the expansion tank as well as the vacuum thingie.
Surprise! There's rust there!

Big contrast to my '82 - when I had the wheel well
liner off a few years ago - it looked like it just
rolled off the showroom floor . . .

I plan to add wheel liners to both of our Scirocco 1's
(1978 & 1981) - the best candidate thus far is the
cabriolet ones - I'll post to the list my findings on
this.

To those Scirocco 2  owners that have removed the
wheel liners - if you plan to keep your car - put them
back in! (unless you live in the rust free dreamland
parts of Californis, Arizona, etc)

Well, I gotta get back to the POR-15!

later . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)