RE: sequential shift transmission conversion!

I agree with Eric on this one and actually up it one, the benefit to a
sequentail shifter is this. You can't miss the next shift either up or down,
limiting the amount of damage to the powertrain and drivetrain by those
missed shifts waaaaa 5th downshift 2nd WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (shit 2nd gear)
Compression braking is not harmful to an engine as long as you don't miss
the shift sequence. It could be detrimental if you went from 4th to 1st at
50 mph. Also if you ever watch any real racing (F1) watch the exhuast pop
when they downshift entering a corner (compression braking baby), diesel
engine do this all the time called Jake Braking (is not permitted in some
areas, back me up on that one Eric). Thats that
babababababababababababababababababa you here when  a diesel is control
their speed without the assistance of brakes. Eric is right it can extend
the service life of brakes by double, the other benefit is that there is no
possibility of locking the wheels up with the bakes and starting a slide.

But at $15000 for a tranny I'll continue to row through the gears right now.

Brian

87 16v
86 8v (parts car)
85 Wolfsburg (white coming to a garage near me soon)