Re: Needed: Priest to Perform Exorcism (long and tedious e-mail...beware)

--- Warren Price <wprice@neo.rr.com> wrote:
> My question is....does my plan make sense?  and if I ultimately have
> to get
> an oil pump, where and how much?

Yes, it makes perfect sense.  Use a 2.0L 16V pump, mine was $100 or so.
 That's for a Brazilian pump, if you are one of those that can only
have German stuff, it'll be more.  The owner of the local import FLAPS
has been using the Brazilian pumps for years and sells them to the
local mechanics, with never a failure.

> Engine Temp:  I think she's running too hot. ...
> Here's the plan:
>     1.  Replace the sensor/switch that controls the fan and see if
> that does
> it.
>     2.  Flush the radiator...(I may do this anyway with winter
> approaching)
>     3.  Pray
> I'm not sure where to go after step 2.

Flush first, IMO.  Big Al (lister) used Purple Power and swears by it.

Maybe later I can give more on the other items.

=====
Ron (Cheapass)
'87 16V, ("Victor"), '93 Cabby ("Teufelhasen")
ICQ 108845455

Stupid is as stupid does.
-F. Gump