RE: Needed: Priest to Perform Exorcism (long and tedious e-mail...beware)

vibration:  make sure the new rear mount has clearance for the steering
rack. I bought, and installed , and new stock rear mount that had no
clearance, was hitting the rack, and produced fierce vebration through the
steering wheel.

It IS overheating.  replace the fan thermoswitch, making sure it is the
two-speed type.

Warren, the "after market anti-sway bar" you seem to be describing sounds
like the lower stress bar.  It is factory, along with the stock anti-sway
bar, and if the engine is hitting it, one or more mounts are due for
replacement.

Oil pressure: pull the pan again and have a look-see.....
As a long-time Scirocco owner, you should be familiar with the intensive
maintenance these things seem to require...don't drive it off a cliff.  One
of the joys of ownership is the satisfaction that comes when you finally FIX
these little buggers!  (and they give us plenty of opportunity)

good luck and enjoy the ride

Larry  sandiego16V