Drag Racing Results

Hey Everyone,

Well, I didn't hit my goal, but I did get very close and had a  really fun
time. Some of you guys up in the Sacramento area should have come out and
checked it out, or raced with us. Alex, Nate...Are you guys even on the list
anymore? Oh well, here's how it went.

My car ran great, and I was very consistent with it. My worst time was a
15.3XX and my best time of the night was...

15.114 @ 91.XXX MPH

I was shooting for a 15 flat, and would have jumped up and down screaming
like an idiot if I broke into the 14.9's. Oh well, I got pretty close. I
guess it's time for me to lose the stock exhaust and stick in a racing
exhaust from TT. That should get me under 15. The most fun about the night
for me was that I was racing against a guy in his Nissan 240 that had a
Japanese Silvia front end on it. He was running a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder with
rear wheel drive, and I beat him every single time! He asked me what I had
because in his own words, as soon as I got my tires hooked up, I would leap
a full car length ahead of him. It was close with us, and that's what made
it fun. I think his best run was a 15.2XX, and I could see him out of the
corner of my eye the whole way down the track.

Randy showed up and battled with Kevin S. the whole night, but I'll let him
tell his own story.

Later -- Craig Williams
1981 Scirocco S 2008cc 16V (15.114 @ 91 MPH)
1991 Passat Wagon 2.0 16V (For Wife & Son)
2000 Saab Viggen (15.047 @ 94 MPH)
Northern California, USA