Is this something i can do?

Let me give you a little background on my problem.
I'm a college student with only basic tools.  I have
hardly any access to other people's tools because most
of the people i know are college students too and they
don't have tools either.

My Scirocco needs new front axel bearings, and i
wasn't sure if i was able to do the job with the tools
i have.

For those of you have already done this, do you need
any tools (specialized) to complete the job?  Is this
something i could do myself or should i just take it
to a local shop?