Re: i need a little advice (more accident damage found)

well, my car looked pretty decent before the accident, but since then there
is alot to fix. starting to make me think i should get that other 16v.  i
know even if i fixed it i would always worry about that lower rad support.
not to mention the upper rad support is mighty twisted from the accident. (
http://home.earthlink.net/~herorec/upperrad.jpg )
at any rate it looks i'll be picking up that other one asap. which makes me
sad to see this one go, but i need something i'm not worrying about driving.

>My car has been in the frame shop for 3 weeks+ now with very serious cracks
>in the core support, and around one of the motor mounts.  Once the radiator
>and AC came out of the way, the damage turned out to be even more severe
>than originally diagnosed.  It was determined that just welding everything
>back up, including a reinforcement plate over part of the core support,
>would
>not be a sufficient repair.  A new core support sells for $900, if they
>can even be found.. and is still a weak link.  So, in addition to the
>welding and plate, a custom bar is being fabricated by Ron Wood, identical
>to what he'd done for a rally car he used to own.  Net result should be
>a better-than-new repair - but, at a total cost of about $1k by the time
>it's all done.
>
>I think a big factor in your situation is the cosmetic condition of your
>car.  If it's a peach, repairing it probably makes sense.. if it's in
>poor shape, probably makes sense to move the stuff to a new car.  If
>it's somewhere in between - might be a tough call.  Good luck!

\eric tomorrow
'87 scirocco 16v
'69 bradley gt

cobra racing
~philadelphia~

any emails to me directly can be sent to: etomorrow@mlcrew.com
i check that account more often than i do this one.
thanks.