Re: installing 16v into mk1 fusing cis?

--- Bkred115@aol.com wrote:
> a while ago someone was mentioning using stock
> injection and distributor in a 16v engine?? is it
> possible to use my stock distributor with points in
> the block, and use my injectors? will any of this
> work?  i just bought a 16v engine and want to test
> it in a my mk1 without going through the wiring crap
> because the engine is going in a 77 later..
> TIA
> Chris

They were probably talking about stock FUEL
distributor.

I don't believe 8V ign distributors are even close to
being physically interchangeable with the ones on the
16V . . .

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)