IT RUNS! and lots of questions!

List,

Well, after a long wait many of you know i got my '81 S on the 19th of
August, and dropped it off at the body shop.  It was done at the body shop
(pulling) last friday afternoon. I picked it up and towed it home, in its
multi colored glory!  This is what most people do not know since it just
happened!
Over the weekend i did 2 engine installs!  a 1.8 16v into my friends Rabbit
(15 min to put the engine in with my new hoist), and my 1.8 8v into my mk1
(10 min to put the engine in!).  The rabbit cranks but is not wired up to
run yet, but thats not the point.. Tonight... Less than one week after
getting the bare shell back from the body shop, i got MY engine running!
sigh, im so proud of myself..pat pat pat...It was sooooooo awsome!  I have a
few questions though.

1)  My car has the wires for a fuel frequency valve, but the airbox/fuel
distributor i have do not... the car has NO computer of any sorts so do i
need to even plug this plug into anything?  What happenes if i dont do
anything?  What happens if i get the right distributor for it and plug it
in?

2)  I Just got my Neuspeed lowering springs from Cheapass Ron, the fronts
require a larger strut cap because the don't coil into a small coil thinger
like most vw springs... WHat cars if any did these come on?  WHere can i get
them, and how much do they cost?

3)  When i got the engine running tonight ( no radiator/ coolant/ lots of
fuel and exaust leaks ;)  I noticed that i could hear the hydrolic lifters
LIKE MAD!  They were smacking away really bad!  HOw do i quiet them down,
keep in mind that the engine has sat for about a year, but also has been
rebuilt and only has approx 4k miles on it.... i think it has an agressive
cam in it too.. i also HAVE changed the oil and filter.

4)  The fuel injectors wabble in the seats in the head.  THey were from a
newer golf so they had the dual seal thing going on.  I put them in my rocco
in a hydrolic lifter head and they wouldnt go in, so i poped the little
pieces off the bottom that hold the second seal, and then put them in the
head, they went all the way in, but kinda are not too steardy... though, it
did not seem to effect the runnability of the car...?  Ok, thats it for
now.. thanks~!

Jason Arms (Essex, VT)

'87 Scirocco 16v (muh baby!)
'81 Scirocco S (IT'S ALIVE!!!! muahahahahahahahaaaa!)
'81 Scirocco S (12 pack rocco)
'80 Scirocco S (only the rear half)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin' a new life)
'93 Nissan Pathfinder SE V6 (winter beater..rice Rice RIIIIIICE!)
****
ICQ# 91932895
AIM Username: xscirocco16vx
My web page (work in progress!)