Re: Porsche 924 rack into Scirocco?

--- thescirocco@juno.com wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Oct 2001 06:17:35 +0000 "Chris DeLong"
> <green536@hotmail.com>
> writes:
> > Peter you are referring to 16V Scirocco racks
> right? AFAIK the A2
> > racks are not close like the 16v scirocco racks.
> FWIW 16V scirocco
> racks are
> > the  closest available in NA for ratio stock.
> Unfortunately they are
> all
> > power. I think the spec was 2.5 revolutions for
> the 16V Scirocco rack
> and all
> > the rest are like 3.0 revolutions. This
> measurement would be lock to
> > lock of course.
>
> Yeah, the rack I have for sale is from a 16V
> Scirocco...
>
> I didn't realize that the 16V Scirocco had a tighter
> ratio, the drained
> A2 GTI drained rack seemed pretty tight...
>
> The 2.5 vs. 3.0, backs up that a drained Scirocco
> 16V rack is like a
> Quaife sport ratio...

Hmmm, I thought that all A1 PS racks had the tighter
ratio compared to the manual rack ratios, as indicated
above . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)