Re: (Bad) Idea for you throttlebody guys...

I know I mentioned this before, but, the Audi 5cyl diesel cars have a small
vacuum pump that is run by a tiny belt off the end of the camshaft.  Perhaps
one of these could be mounted somewhere on your 16V?  Grab the pulley that
runs it too, you might be able to machine it to bolt up to the camshaft
pulley on your car.  Similar to the 16V G60 cars that had the alternator back
by the firewall.

Tom in Tucson
www.area-53.com
Ten VW's, three Audi's, two Chevy's and counting.