Re: scirocco-L-digest V1 #1904

RE: HID/Lighting discussion

I thought the  XXX.mbz (can't recall, its been awhile) site had good
info.  Data points:  The Hella's come with liftime guarantee? (I was
checking on 9004s).  From an Audi list discussion. a guy who sells them
claims PIAA have high return rate/failures.  So.....if you are going that
route, buying local with easy return might be the way to go.  Avoid the
"warranty by inconvenience" issue we've all experienced (see SuperChips
discussion).  Hella has 800 number where you can actually talk to
knowledgeable people and cna references to local shops.  PUMA is near my
in Cleveland and sells to a lot of rally people.  BTW, the first HID I
saw were some Hella rally lights on 24 Hr Longest Day of Nelson Ledges
car aabout ten years ago.  so they have some BTDT cred.  But...its easy
for company to put their name on some other co's products.

Let us know the reults of your search.  I personally don't like to add
anything to my car that attracts the attention of the polizei and have't
burned up all of my conventional H4s and H1s.

RE:  week compression

Consider getting leak down test before deciding course of action.

-- Brian D./OH
How can you be in two places at once when you're not anywhere at all...
Firesign Theatre