From: Robert piwonka <tpiwonka@TTACS.TTU.EDU>
To: scirocco <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Re: cutting out - Me too
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:55:41 -0500

the main fuel pump should buzz for about 2 seconds when the ignition is
switched on and then be quite,  this for a 16V.  if it doesnt then it is bad
and if continues to make noise it is probably on its way out.  you could
also measure the fuel pressure or have a shop measue it to confirm that the
fuel pump is bad

Robert