Re: oh sh*t! there's water in my 'roc. Any troublespots?

In addition to what Bran Wagner suggested, make sure that the drain holes on the underside of the doors are not clogged with debris.

Victor

>>> Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> 11/30 3:39 PM >>>
Really wasn't expecting this, but little did I know
when I got my 86 16v in May, that it wasn't
waterproof.

About a month back, I had to push-start my car down my
driveway and had to hit the brakes before I rolled
into the road (don't laugh, dammit). Anyway, a small
rush of water fell on and near my left shoe which was
on the clutch at the time. It had just rained the
night before and I just thought it was due to the odd
action of sudden stop on a downhill (seems dumb now).

And recently as the rain has been more common in the
SF area, my roc has started smelling musty. Then this
morning I notice that the whole driver's side carpet
was wet. Anyone had problems with this? Is there
anyplace I should check first? The windshield doesn't
appear to be the cause - but I can't see the
underside.

(please, God, not the windshield!)

TIA, JT