Re: Looks like I may be an A2 guy now.

If it doesn't have the correct holes for the A2
mounts, it can still be made to fit.  On my bro's 85
the PO installed and early FF tranny(has been replaced
with a 9A)  they had 2 plates of metal with holes
drilled in them so they'd mount to the tranny using
the  casing bolts.  The A2 Mount bolted to these.  It
was a sloppy way of doing it, but it worked well.

--- jester@westfailure.net wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Gary Huff wrote:
>
> > If all goes well, I will be picking up an A2 GTi
> that was 8v, converted
> > 16v, but minus drivetrain. I'll be putting the AGB
> quaife & 2.0l in it,
> > with H&R coilovers making it my daily driver.
> There really is a lack of
> > rust free A1 shells around, makes me sad. However,
> im not abandoning the
> > rocco faith. I still have my 75 project that will
> go on :D Long live the
>
> You probably know this, but A1 coilovers wont fit an
> a2 car... Also if
> your AGB is from an a1 chassis there is a
> possibility that it will be
> missing the proper mounts to go into an a2... though
> from doing a clutch
> on an a2 and an a1 i got a pretty close look and
> think it *might* be
> possible to fix that, but im not sure.
>
> take care & good luck,
>
> Steve

>              Fashion Twins, activate! form of: a
> lemming.
>                       http://westfailure.org

=====
George-
"there is a thin line between being cute and being annoying"