Re: 1.6Lengine updated

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 kd5ceu@juno.com wrote:

> Dave,
>
> 	Do you have any specific info on using a 1.8L 16V head on a 1.6L block?
> I admit I'm intrigued. I have a 1.6L engine sitting in my garage
> collecting dust. This project could give it a new lease on life.

I'm not dave, but i heard of a great! Great! cheap racing type motor...
probably wont work with a 16v head, but like a gti 8v head or crossflow &
look out.

You use a VW 1.8 block, and a VW 1.7/G60 crank, and audi 5000 turbo
pistons and rods. They are forged pistons! & there are audi 5k turbos in
almost every junkyard :)

This makes a 1.7 motor with like 7.5:1 CR with forged pistons ready for
sick boost, for peanuts. I'd do that if i wasnt itching for a 2l 16v turbo
:)

take care,

Steve