Re: 1.6Lengine updated

Dave,

	Do you have any specific info on using a 1.8L 16V head on a 1.6L block?
I admit I'm intrigued. I have a 1.6L engine sitting in my garage
collecting dust. This project could give it a new lease on life.

Dan Krautkremer
Hockley, TX
79' Scirocco
86' Scirocco (Soon to arrive in my garage)

Why are you dismaying?  I would take a 1.6 before a 1.7 anyday!!!  You
want
to know how to get serious power out of a 1.6L?  Stick a 1.8L 16v head on
it and
a 4K tranny under it.  This is what the racers do and they can get
serious
power/rpm out of the motor.  I would DEFINEATELY make sure the bottom end
is
in great condition first though.  There is a little modding to do on the
head before you put it on the 1.6L block and there may be some
compression
computations to consider and possibly even changing pistons (diesel
pistons?) since the combustion chamber is in the head on the 16v motors
and
it is in the piston on the 1.6L but this IS an awesome setup!!  Maybe
even a
low compression motor with a turbo!!  IF you do all your own work, this
can
be done on a budget too!!  So that means no more drunken hazes if you
want
to go fast!! And, no drunken hazes when going fast!!  HTH!!

Dave