Re: 88' getting very bad gas mileage

I've tried sniffing around the car and I havn't noticed any odor of fuel. It
seems to run about the same as it always has. It's had the idle problem
since I bought it and the mileage was decent before. The only differences in
how I drive it now compared to before is that I have the heater running at
full blast to defog the windshield. A coworker did mention that he thought
my heater sounded abnormally loud and that it almost sounded like an a/c
compressor???