Re: which exhaust

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:20:52 -0800 (PST) breandan mcilwain
<irisheet@yahoo.com> writes:
> hey everybody i am currently looking for a new exhaust
> system for my 16v, i currently have a tt system with a
> borla muffler and i dont like the sound quality that
> it produces, i was just wonderin what everybody else
> is using to give me ideas as to what is out there for
> our cars.
> thanks

Is it too loud for you? Or is it the tone...

How's your car setup, do you have a header or a downpipe, cat, intake,
cams?

I love the way my TT/Borla exhaust sounds!
It's loud, but it's a good loud... <G>

I had a TT 2" race downpipe on my '88 Scirocco 16V, stock midpipe, and a
Superturbo dual outlet muffler, and it sounded nasty.
Like a ricer, but much louder!... I had a Walker Quietflow muffler
installed, and the sound was much deeper and quieter.

Normally you have to go to a more restrictive muffler to get a quieter
exhaust, the Quietflow setup reduced the usable RPM's to 6800.

Techtonics will soon have a Flowmaster muffler available for the
Scirocco, and it is much quieter than any straight-thru muffler.
The only drawback is that it is not stainless...

Btw, I'd just change the muffler, there's nothing wrong with the exhaust.

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD,
Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE
19701
'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
Free Rustfree Rabbit shell