Re: Neuspeed supercharger THE FACTS!!!!

I wish I had a scanner and I could just scan the entire article.  Anyway, I
will type as fast and as accurate as I can!!  Here it is in it's cut down
version:

"Running roughly 5 psi from the off idle through the midrange, the Neuspeed
supercharger basically moved the stock torque curve upward 25-35 lb-ft,
accross the board, hanging on noticeably better than stock at the top end.
Peak torque increased from 112.8 lb-ft at 3720 rpm to 140 lb-ft at 3650 rpm,
a gain of 27.2 lb-ft, while peak power increased from 95.9 hp at 5250 rpm to
132.1 hp at 5700 rpm for a gain of 36.2 hp.  The maximum increase was a 42.3
hp at 6280 rpm.  The only boble was between 2700 and 3400 rpm where the
supercharger dipped repeatedly."

They go on to contradict themselvels repeatedly about how it is a good
alternative to the 1.8T then they say that the 1.8T has an unfair advantage
since it is intercooled with more boost, etc.  The stock power for the 1.8T
was consistantly higher (15hp+) throughout the low/mid/and high rpm ranges
and the torque was good 30 to 40 lb-ft higher in the low ranger tapering off
fairly consistantly throughout the mid and high rpm range.  As for Shawn,
the install looks pretty easy, easier than a stage 4 on a Corrado.  HTH!!

Dave