Re: Slipping out of gear - Redline

--- Dave Ewing <rabbit16v@prodigy.net> wrote:
> Redline?  I won't use it again.  New seals everywhere and the thing
> still
> leaks (no, the bearings aren't toast).  Wouldn't question it for
> racing but
> not for everyday!!!

Say what?  It's been in my Cabby for over a year no problems.  Where's
it leaking -flange seals?  If so, I'm going to offer an alternative
source for a leak there - I've seen several trannies with sloppy
driveaxle flanges (causing leaks, natch) with fine diff bearings.  The
problem with these was the flange itself was sloppy in the diff.
That's a steel shaft on the driveaxle fitting into an iron bore in the
diff, no bushing used.  Bearings won't cure that.  And Redline would
not be to blame either!

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.