Re: CINCY 2002 DATES - VOTE! (Was: Re: Scirocco get together 2002)

Let me tell you about being hot in a scirocco....
I happen to own a black MK1 with no AC and no undercarpet insulation with no
center console and a race DP on a 2.0 16v. I will be putting in some sort of
heat reflective insulation on the tunnel at the very least. Even on cool
nights it gets very hot in my car while cruising the city streets.I burned my
hand last year touching the floorpan next to the shifter cause I was checking
to see how much heat was coming up from underneath. The past few years we
have taken a MK2 golf halway across the country ito Waterfest in July with no
AC and its no big deal on the open road. The key is to plan your trip so you
will never hit any rush hour and lose your air circulation.
Last year we got stuck in my scirocco going 0 to 20 mph for over an hour on
the interstate on a 105 degree day in Chicago. I was so damn hot I was
driving with my door open as far as I could hold it.

Jasin
MK1 awaitng spring