Re: bloody old bits breaking...

Hi,
     This one seems to be a self-resurrecting thread ;)  I actually finished
the swap more than a week ago.  Just a quick note, I found I didn't have to
have the key in to remove the tumbler set, otherwise I wouldn't have been able
to remove it from the replacement part.  I did put the key into the
tumbler/cylinder I was planning to keep, just in case.  Looking at the discard
piece, you would probably have to work at it a bit for the tumblers to fall out.
     I actually have the original little metal tag with the lock set numbers
that came with the car new.  I'm the second owner, and the first was about as
anal about those kinds of things as I am.  If I ever need new keys, no problem,
but I'm not sure I could get a tumbler set based on the number.
     Thanks for your (and all the other replies) :)

Cheers,
Colin