Re: suspension pros & cons

He he he....thanks for the confidence! :P

Damn I gotta get the alignment setup on Mars so that I can drive down to the
city of Angles and see if I can keep up with ya'.
I know I can kick your arse on a dirt switchback mountain road (raised in
Montana, Colorado) which is where I cut my teeth (14yrs old-19yrs old) on.
8^D
But on to suspension stuff.....
Remeber that it is "BUMP steer" ie. hitting bumps with the suspension.
Laguna Seca, Sear Point, Thunder Hill, or a smooth AutoX course you will
probably not have as much of a problem.
On a bumpy track (I know most of the previously listed tracks have their
rough sections) and regular roads you should definitely have a problem with
bump steer.
Hit a bump and the car wants to dart to L/R.
With parallel to ground control arms (again I don't understand and can't
describe why) this does not occur as much on rougher road courses or
streets.
"Mars" will eventually be an "Auto X FSP?, Nasa HPDE, Virginia City Hill
Climb, One lap of America, Bonneville Salt flat, etc"..... toy for my
pleasure :).

Randy
(wish he'd gone into engineering instead of GIS sometimes)