Re: suspension pros & cons

Ok Shawn this is where I would disagree.
I am not an engineer and don't totally understand how the geometry works
with suspension travel but...
If you lower the car so that the control arms (A-arms) are no longer
parallel with the ground you will end up with severe bump steer. (I know
this from experimentation).
This will happen (the way I understand it) regardless of what type of
strut/shock/spring/coilover setup you have.
My understanding is that if you want to go REAL low for performance (not
looks) you must find a way to keep the control arms parallel. (custom wheel
bearing housings)
I KNOW you understand this better than I so you should be able to describe
why this is true and how this works.
Help me (and others) see the light :)

Randy
81 Scirocco - "Mars" (Neuspeed Linear Race springs with Koni Adjustables -
A-arms parallel to the ground and no bump steer)