Re: RE:Neuspeed supercharger

I'd go turbo!!  Much cheaper, easier than a VR6 swap (unless your talking
buying the whole car) and semi-unlimited power if built right.  Besides,
those cross-flow heads are nice for a turbo add-on!!  Room for the turbo and
nice breathing head!!

What it boils down to is that Nospeed came up with this setup (whoever makes
it?) for the snot nosed momma's boy or girl that THINKS this will make their
3000lb + Jetta or Golf have the acceleration of a 1.8T which would NEVER
happen.  I would even doubt that it would keep up with a stock CRX Si!  Even
the guys at Nuespeed won't reccomend or even comment on adding a smaller
pulley because they already know that they are pushing the envelope on
boosting a stock motor already.  The race has begun and this is only the
beginning of the stuff we are going to see.   We all see it everyday, chips,
air intakes, etc.  It is all for show and little go!!

Dave

> My opinion is it is a big waste of money.  Why pay 4 grand to get the
performance of a vr6?  Why not just get a vr6?? If you want it then you can
get a supercharger for that and have much more power.

> Speaking of vr6 i took mine to the track and came out with a 16.2 on both
runs, i have a garret chip and an intake.  Needless to say i was
dissapointed, i was hoping for 15.5.  Either i just dont know how to race or
a heat shield for an intake is needed becuase i dont have one.  wow this
turned out to be a long message.  Happy Turkey day all.