Re: Neuspeed supercharger

On Thu, 22 Nov 2001 23:01:43 EST Captnbr@aol.com writes:
>My opinion is it is a big waste of money.  Why pay 4 grand to get the
>performance of a vr6?  Why not just get a vr6?? If you want it then
>you can get a supercharger for that and have much more power.

First of all, when you dont have a VR6, its already cheaper to buy the
Neuspeed charger kit, not that im a fan of it. For the money, its output
is a bit limited. The thing is, the kit is SOMETHING when there are so
many options not available for power boosts. Especially on the crossflow
motors AND I think its also Smog legal in 48 states.

>Speaking of vr6 i took mine to the track and came out with a 16.2 on
>both runs, i have a garret chip and an intake.  Needless to say i was
>dissapointed, i was hoping for 15.5.  Either i just dont know how to
>race or a heat shield for an intake is needed becuase i dont have one.
> wow this turned out to be a long message.  Happy Turkey day all.

Knowing how to drive a car fast, even on a drag strip, isnt easy. Launch
rev's, clutch dump or slip, timming the tree, shift points, tire
pressures, suspension settings, ect. It all adds up in the end. id say
your biggest problem is you are probably spinning the tire (yes, probably
just one, right?) off the line. Even if you are getting both tires to get
power, you might be spinning them on the start which, at the other end of
the track makes alot of difference.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V       84' Scirocco 8V           88' Corvette -SS 30-
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-     79' "Project FSP Scirocco"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!