Re: RE:Neuspeed supercharger

> My opinion is it is a big waste of money.  Why pay 4 grand to get the performance of a vr6?

I don't think it's $4000...

>  Why not just get a vr6?? If you want it then you can get a supercharger for that and have much more power.

The 2.0L w/supercharger would be lighter.

> Speaking of vr6 i took mine to the track and came out with a 16.2 on both runs, i have a garret chip and an intake.  Needless to say i was dissapointed, i was hoping for 15.5.  Either i just dont know how to race or a heat shield for an intake is needed becuase i dont have one.  wow this turned out to be a long message.  Happy Turkey day all.
>
> Brian 86 16v
> 98 jetta GLX vr6

Here's a dyno graph of a Pee-Flow vs. a stock airbox:
http://www.tttuning.com/dyno/Dyno07.JPG

A drop in K&N filter is the way to go...

I don't think it's $4000...

--

Peter - <http://thescirocco.com> - Discount Techtonics, Peloquin LSD, Autotech-Quaife USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, & Magnecor Dealer -  Bear, DE 19701                '79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505