Re: Cool alternative to the TSR linkage kit

>  <<<<The same threaded rod/end link design is used in race vehicles of all
> types,
>  and is often used for the steering linkage (drag link and tie rod).  In
>  fact, our own beloved Scirocco's have threaded tie rod ends ... have you
>  ever heard of them coming loose and needing Loctite every month or two??
>  Didn't think so....>>>>
>
> WTF? I don't see the point to this man.  What does the tie rod have
anything
> to do with the subject, other than it has threaded rod into the end piece?

That's *exactly* the point I'm trying to make...   "threaded rod into the
end piece"...  doesn't matter whether it's on a tie rod or a shift linkage
piece.   I was trying to say that if the design is good enough for a tie
rod, it's good enough for the shifter linkage.   Maybe because I've just
started using the internet I couldn't express myself as well as someone like
you who obviously is an expert   ;)

(BTW, I've been on this list since late '96, and online in general quite a
bit longer - just in case I wasn't expressing the appropriate amount of
sarcasm in the above paragraph)

> Urge to kill fading... fading... gone.
> Premo

"Urge to kill"?   Due to an email?    *snicker*

John