Re: Cool alternative to the TSR linkage kit

<< Why are you so set against Roger's kits?  Sounds to me like somebody is
afraid of competition...>>>

Um no, I was just speaking of my experiences with the adjustable version
linkage OK.
And second DST has had maybe 10 or less orders from the past few months.  Why
would we start to give a shit now?  We were making them just for the fun of
it, to give to our friends and occasionally make a buck or two.  Only thing
is, we weren't about to give adjustable links to our friends or to the
public.  Cause they're inferior.  The links should be solid, not in pieces.

 <<<<<<Roger is well known in the Toyota 4x4 world as well as the VW pickup
world.  He's a good guy, with a great understanding of all things mechanical.
 He is
not some large corporation out to get rich.>>>

You don't say!

If I just started using the Internet 3 days ago, I would come to this same
assumption also John.  Maybe because of the fact that he has a free WebServer
hosting his site?
O... there is a picture of himself on his site maybe?

 <<<<The same threaded rod/end link design is used in race vehicles of all
types,
 and is often used for the steering linkage (drag link and tie rod).  In
 fact, our own beloved Scirocco's have threaded tie rod ends ... have you
 ever heard of them coming loose and needing Loctite every month or two??
 Didn't think so....>>>>

WTF? I don't see the point to this man.  What does the tie rod have anything
to do with the subject, other than it has threaded rod into the end piece?
And once again I was referring to the shifter links coming lose NOT the tie
rod ends.
And I was speaking of my experience with the links coming lose after I
tightened them.  I wasn't making the assumption that it just happens outa the
blue to people, it happened to me twice.  When I finally switched to the
weighted and welded version, I noticed they were lose again.  So 3 times.

 <<<<Just standing up for what I think is a decent product from what I know
is a
 good guy.  I am *not* putting down the DST, TSR, etc stuff
  John>>>>> >>
I never said he didn't offer a decent product, or did I attempt to bash his
biz in any way.  I just posted my experince on the linkage subject.

Urge to kill fading... fading... gone.
Premo