Re: New cop trick

Tom,
That's exactly what I have always considered it as well.

A traffic example that I always considered entrapment would be when a cop
pulls on to the freeway in front of you and speeds up to 75mph.
You, and/or the group of traffic maintains a speed behind him/her at 75mph.
Another cop pulls on the freeway behind the group and pulls you over for
speeding.
"like shootin' ducks in a barrel"
I don't know if you can beat this ticket because of entrapment but I sure
would have my day in court to argure it.

Randy

> With regards to the "E" word.  I was waiting for this to come up.
>
> Being "sneaky" to catch somebody doing something illegal is not
entrapment.
> Entrapment is getting someone to do something illegal that they normally
> wouldn't do by deception.
>
> Here's a good example:
>
> Lets say I'm with the DEA and I know you're having bad financial troubles
and
> are about to lose your house to forclosure.  I go undercover and offer you
> $5000 to take a load of drugs from point A to point B.  You've never done
> anything like this before, but, you do it out of desperation since $5000
will
> get you current on all your bills.  Then I bust you.  THAT is entrapment.
> Not sitting on the side of the road with a radar gun disguised as an
Oleander